Ø 9月2日 [Education]
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to increase students' interest in a subject is to teach them the significance of the subject outside of school. (同11.10.08NA)
Ø 9月8日 [Education]
Do you agree or disagree that Professor should prohibit the use of devices that can connect to the internet in class?
Ø 9月9日 [Education]
University students are often encouraged to study fields in which significant job growth (a large increase in job opportunities) is expected; these fields currently include science, technology, engineering, and math, do you believe students should consider studying fields related to these subjects even if they are more interested in other subjects? Why or why not?
Ø 9月15日 [Lifestyle]
Do you agree or disagree with the statement:
It is a better to spend money on travelling and vacation than save money for future.
Ø 9月16日 [Lifestyle]
If you were given a short period of time, which activity do you want to try to do most and why?
1. to learn to do a new sports
2. to learn to make a new dishes
3. to make a new thing like a necklace by hand (handcraft)
1. Which of the following should the parents do to rectify the behavior of their children? 1) limit the type of TV or films 2)spend more time 3) monitor and supervise children's activities with their friends
2. A lot of high school students now cheat in homework assignments, by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
-asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
-penalty or punishment to the students
-asking teachers to create homework assignment that cannot be easily cheated.
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The young people today are facing more personal and work-related challenges than their parents did fifty years ago.
4. Parents should encourage their children to do their school work independently rather than help them with their school work.
5. Parents give their children weekly money to buy whatever they want. Some people think this can cause bad habits and ideas about money in children. Others think the opposite. What’s your opinion?
6. Some people believe going on field trips is better for children’s education (eg. go to museum), while others think it is better for children to study in the classroom at school, which one do you prefer and explain why.
7. If your teacher says something incorrect in a class, what will you do? (13.07.26NA, education)
interrupt your teacher right away
correct your teacher after class
8. Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child aged 5 to 10?
Being helpful to others
9. Teachers should be paid at least as much as doctors, lawyers or business leaders are paid.
10. The club of your school plans to help one of the following group of people, (160319CN, education)
1. teach pupils reading and math
2. build houses for those who cannot afford the house
3. take care of the old
11. Students do not respect their teachers as much as they did in the past.
12. A high school has decided that all students must take a class in which they learn a practical skill. School administrators are trying to decide whether to hold a class in cooking, managing personal finances or auto repair. Which do you think the school should require students to take?(13.10.19NA, education)
13. You are helping to select a leader for a student organization or a group. Do you think a person's honesty is the most important characteristic for being a leader?
14. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It is much easier for parents to raise children now than fifty years ago.
Ø Work & Success
1. In order to succeed, it is better to be like others rather than different from everybody else.
2. As the leader of a city, what would you do to ensure the prosperity and success of the city? (160522CN, government)
A. creating job opportunities for the unemployed;
B. lowering food price;
C. providing affordable housing
3. Should company use public recognition to reward hard working, not to use money.
4. The best leader should spend more time listening to other people’s ideas than taking his/her own ideas.
5. One quality that a successful leader must have is to make decision quickly; when a leader takes too much time to make decisions, he will be seen as ineffective to the people he lead.
6. It is better for colleagues or classmates to communicate in person than through emails in order to do a project.
7. It is better to finish a project completely and then do another project than do two or more projects at the same time.
8. People who develop different skills are more successful than people who develop one skill only.
9. Young people should try several different jobs before taking a long term career.
10. For success in school and work, the ability to adapt or adjust to a changing condition or circumstance is more important than having excellent knowledge of a job or in a field of study". Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
1. Some people think that we should keep away from others to improve our relationship, because being away from people reminds us of how important they are. Others think we should always stay with others to have good relationship because we can communicate with them more often. Which do you prefer?
2. When you want to make a major purchase, which will influence your decision most. Recommendations from friends; ads from TVs; words from salesperson.
3. Some young people are free in the evenings or have days off at school. Which way can bring them the most benefit?
to accumulate work experience by a part-time job or volunteering in a community
to learn to play a sport
to learn to play a musical instrument
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only movies that can teach us something about real life is worth watching.
5. If one of your friends has the opportunity to study in either one of two majors, which one of the following majors you will recommend:
1) A major that would allow your friend to complete studies and get a degree faster (so that he or she can get a full time job sooner)
2) A major that would require longer time to study, but can make it more likely to get better job offers in the future.
6. Your friend is going to reduce the living expenses. Which of the following way would you recommend to your friend and why?
1) Find a roommate that can share the living expenses.
2) Buy the new technology products less frequently.
3) Shop for less expensive food to cook at home.
7. The more money a person has, the more he or she should give away to the charities.
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: We can know more about a person from the types of friends he/she has.
9. If you and someone have been friends for a long time, you continue your friendship even if she does something you don’t like.
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: It is important to have rules about the types of clothing that people are allowed to wear at work and at school.
11. Some people like to buy and eat their meals at restaurants frequently, while others like to do this at home. Which do you prefer?
12. It is better to make friends who are intelligent than with a good sense of humor.
13. People should state their honest opinions even though they know others will disagree with their views. (13.03.02NA, values)
14. Agree or disagree: it is often not a good idea to move to a new city or a new country because you will lose touch with old friends.