The university newspaper is going to add one of the following sections. Which do you prefer?
- Film recommendations
- Tips and advice about student travel
- Restaurant reviews
Should moral values be taught at schools?
If your friend is going to visit your country, what kind of transportation would you suggest he/she use?
Would you support the idea of building a factory in the city you live in, which could create many jobs but pollute the environment?
Which function of cellphones do you think is the most useful to students?
- Taking photos
- Listening to music
- Recording videos
Some parents try to prevent their children from making mistakes; others allow their children to make their own mistakes. Which type of parents do you think is better?
Our lives often change in unexpected ways. Describe something you have done recently that, ten years ago, you never imagined you would do.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin watching news at a young age.
Universities are usually located in the countryside or in small towns. Talk about an advantage and a disadvantage of this.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Children should be exposed to computers and other electronic devices as early as possible.
Ø Task 1
1. If the school doesn‘t allow students to take cellphones with them when they come to school, what would be the influence of this policy?
2. There is going to have students' TV show. Which show would you like to watch? Please give your reasons. 1 Interview school leaders; 2 Students’ debate on political and social topics; 3 Comedy about school life
3. Which of the following groups would you like to join: campus newspaper, hiking club or dorm improvement committee?
4. Which of the following classes you are more interested in：1)world economics; 2)environmental science; 3)art history;
5. List one of the advantages for living abroad and explain the advantages with details. Include reasons and details to support your response.
6. Why the university is the best place to promote knowledge on environmental protection? Please include specific reasons and details in your explanation.
7. What are the advantages and disadvantages of studying in a university in the rural area?
8. Talk about an important strength in the schools in your country. Include reasons and examples to support your response.
9. If you have a chance to give a lesson in an elementary school, what topic would you like to teach: 1) How to protect the environment. 2) How to grow plants; 3) How to cook simple and healthy food. Please explain your choice with specific reasons.
10. Your university has just got an investment. What should the university do with the money? To improve the library, the gym or the lab? Please give details and examples to support your view.
11. Describe an activity you enjoy doing in your school recently. Why do you enjoy it? Please include specific reasons and details to support your response.
12. A Parents need to make sure their children lead healthy lives. What can parents do to help their children have healthy lifestyles? Include specific reasons and details in your explanation.
13. Your university plans to provide another type of food to attract more students. What kind of food would you like the university cafeteria to add? Explain the reasons with examples and details.
14. How can you ensure that you can finish the assignment on time when the studying work is heavy?
15. If your school allows you to choose any activity during break time, what activity would you choose?
16. If university plans to add a new course that is not being offered to students, which of the following courses, in your opinion, would attract most students? 1) Sound engineering and recording; 2) History of rock music; 3) Film studies
17. Nowadays traffic congestions are increasing, what can we do to reduce the cars in the city?
18. Which of following aspects do you think contributes most to country's success? 1) Many business opportunities; 2) Well rounded medical care system; 3) A developed educational system.
19. Describe one argument that you had with others. What are the conflict and the consequence?
20. Describe something that you are doing now but did not expect to do ten years ago.
21. When it comes to reading current news, which of the following would you prefer? 1) Politics, 2) sports; 3) art and films
22. The university decides to remodel the dormitory and add a new space to it. Which space do you recommend to add in your dormitory? 1) Café 2) Study room; 3. Game room
23. Your friend has just moved to a new city and is nervous about making new friends. What advice would you give your friend? Please include specific details and examples in your response.
24. Which one would you like to choose for your final project: 1) presentation, 2) paper; 3) video;
25. University students encounter many difficult challenges in their studies. Which challenge do you think is the most difficult one and how do you deal with it ?
26. Your university has acquired a piece of land next to the campus. There have been three options for the use of the land. Which do you prefer? Why? 1) the athletic facilities and stadiums; 2) a park with nature trails; 3) centers for students and hotel for campus guests
27. A friend will come to your city for her college, but she worries the expenses would be huge, what would you recommend her to develop a reasonable consuming habit to eliminate her worries?
28. If universities are given financial support to develop researches, which one do you think would receive more benefits: 1) to predict whether more accurately; 2) to clean rivers and ocean; 3) to deal with out space.
29. The government is planning to invest in one of the three areas. Which do you think is the most worthwhile? 1) Land exploration, 2) education, 3) health care?
30. Which of the following photography club activities do you prefer? 1) attend an exhibition in a photography museum; 2) attend a professional photographer’s lecture; 3) go on a road trip and practice taking pictures of nature scenery
31. Your friend often forgets other people's names and forgets to register for classes. What do you suggest your friend do?
32. Which of the following functions of smart phones most beneficial to students? 1) taking photos; 2) listening to the music; 3) recording lectures
33. Parents should teach their kids to learn how to manage money, and what do you think is the most important thing about it? Explain why it's important.
34. Children need to learn to cooperate and get along with others when they grow up. Please give examples of how adults can help them acquire those skills.
35. Describe an event in your country when people will bring gift. And express what gift people will bring and why.
36. Describe an experience in which you hurt another person’s feeling unintentionally.
37. Which one do you think the following occupation can be the mayor? 1) doctor; 2) banker; 3) university professor
38. Your city plans to build a new museum to attract more visitors, what kind of museum do you think would be the best choice? 1) local museum ; 2)modern art and film museum; 3) children science museum
39. The university wants to provide student more entertainments and three choices provided below, which do you prefer and why. 1) A theater performance by the student actors; 2) A concert provided by professional musician; 3) A lecture from a professor
40. You will need to accomplish an assignment to do a presentation. Which will you choose? 1) Act out a scene from a play (with a partner); 2) Explain your review of a novel you recently you read; 3) Read a selection of poem
41. Your local community center wants to add some new workshops or programs for children, which of the following do you think would be most beneficial for children's development? 1) Art craft workshop; 2) Technology workshop; 3) Athletic programs
42. There are several ways you can get to know a country without travelling abroad. Which of the following ways would you like to choose? 1) Reading books; 2) Watching videos; 3) Joining online communication groups
43. A friend of yours works late at night and cannot concentrate on study in order to earn extra money for a summer trip. As a friend, what advice will you give her and why? Please include details in your recommendation.
44. If there is a foreign teacher coming to your country to teach high school student, what suggestions will you give him for preparation?
45. If you have opportunities to do something for good causes, which of the following would you choose? 1) distributing meals for needy people ; 2) helping children build playground; 3) seeing people in hospital
46. Some professors prefer to give regular quizzes. Some prefer to give surprise quizzes. Please talk about the advantages and/or disadvantages of surprise quizzes.
47. Your professor is planning to require students to work on all projects in a group. What is an advantage and a disadvantage of working on group projects.
48. If a foreign friend visits your country, what suggestions about polite and impolite behaviors would you give your friend?
49. What do you think can improve your local community and make it a better place to live?
50. The school is going to open a new section. Which one of the following will you choose? 1) film recommendation; 2) tips and advices about student travel; 3) restaurant review